Virtual RS232 Port Driver
Create virtual rs232 serial ports
Virtual Serial Port Driver
Software emulation of real COM port
Virtual Serial Port Driver comes in handy when you don't have enough serial ports in your system, or all of them are occupied and you need more for different purposes. Or you don't have hardware serial rs232 ports at all.
Created virtual rs232 port pairs look like real hardware ones. Application working with virtual ports will never see the difference. With Virtual Serial Port Driver you can connect several pairs of programs simultaneously.
This solution will free your hardware ports and establish secure and fast connection between virtual ports. Virtual Serial Port Driver allows configuring created virtual ports settings directly from the application or Hyper Terminal on any side of the connection.
Common objectives and our solutions:
- Any number of virtual serial ports in your system
Virtual Serial Port Driver gives you the ability to create as many virtual serial ports in your system as possible to fit your professional needs. It saves your time, money and efforts, as link between virtual serial ports is much faster and more secure than real null modem connection and depends only on your processor speed. Created virtual serial port can have any name (COMn by default) or can have the same name as real serial port. In this case virtual serial port overlapping happens. Applications may reach virtual serial port via real serial one and vice versa. You can use this solution as a base one in your own software (OEM License needed).
- Manage different signal lines
Virtual rs232 ports created with Virtual Serial Port Driver emulate and support all usual hardware signal lines (DTR/DSR, RTS/CTS, RING, ERROR, DCD, etc.) As in real null-modem connection, DTR of the local port connected to DSR and DCD of the remote port, and RTS of the local port connected to CTS of the remote port. Moreover, you can leave default pinout for your purposes or set custom pinout schemes to improve the results of your work.
- Your programs need testing/debugging
Virtual Serial Ports Driver is a great solution to test or debug any software or application that uses null modem cable or any rs232 port device emulator in case you are developing a driver for it. In order to test any application or emulator create two virtual serial ports COM3 and COM4 with Virtual Serial Port Driver and connect them via virtual null modem cable in a pair. All data sent by the first application to virtual serial port COM3 will be received at virtual serial port COM4, and all data sent to virtual serial port COM4 will be received at virtual serial port COM3. This way of using Virtual Serial Port Driver lets you find out all the bugs, faults and troubles of your applications and emulators.
Virtual Serial Port Driver is:
- Completely virtual solution - no null-modem cables or other hardware is needed
- An ideal tool to test and/or debug your applications, hardware emulators, etc.
- The driver to create virtual serial ports, also available for Windows Mobile
- A high-end solution ensuring fast and reliable data transmission speed
Virtual Serial Ports Driver overview:
- Virtual Serial Port Driver and all of its internal modules are digitally signednew!
- Virtual Serial Port Driver is completely compatible with Windows Vista (64bit)new!
- Different virtual null-modem schemes are available: standard/loopback/custom (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista)new!
- Easily manage port access list, which is used to restrict access to created ports for various applications (for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista)new!
- Completely new reworked and redesigned Serial Ports Explorer, which helps you get full information about all serial ports used in system new!
- Virtual serial port may have any name you like (not only COMx)new!
- Create any amount of virtual serial ports
- Virtual serial ports are complete copies of real hardware ports - applications won't see the difference
- Full baud rate emulation (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista)
- Ability to manage different signal lines (DTR/DSR/CTS/RTS/DCD/RI).
- Installation and virtual ports creation during runtime- no reboot required
- You can select default or custom pinout - in any way to fit your needs
- Virtual Serial Port Driver uses advanced Windows kernel driver technology (supporting WDM, WMI, Power Management, PnP, etc.)
- Set/unset line connection break (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista)
- VSPD provides complete information about current state of virtual serial port
- Automatic port creating during system boot (prior to user login)
- Extensive customer 24/7 support
- Ability to integrate this solution into your own software (OEM license required)